View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Drive an electric, if electric wasn't a viable option then they would drive a small diesel car.
In the end, going all-electric might not make so much sense at all. Either biodiesel, ethanol or biomethane provide a better opportunity to close the carbon and nitrogen cycle than leaving raw materials rotting away venting methane and other compounds directly to the atmosphere.

Quote:
Never use air travel.
Sure it's more complex when it comes to aircraft with a pressurized cabin, but with smaller piston-engined aircraft it's often easier to keep control of emissions. The problem is more bureaucratic than technical. On the other hand, in some regions air travel is actually more cost-effective and with lower emissions than other forms of transportation.

Quote:
Have solar panels, not excuses.
I have already considered to install a roof-mounted wind power generator in my grandma's house, as it would be presumably easier and cheaper to make one repurposing an alternator.

Quote:
Grow some of their own food, even if it's just one kind of herb, a spice, a single tomato plant, ect.
Just like the Victory Gardens during WWII? I have already considered trying something similar, even though it's not so easy to implement in a small apartment. Well, maybe if composting toilets were more widely accepted, it would've been an excuse to try growing some berries, herbs and spices.

Quote:
Not use natural gas or propane.
I'm not unfavorable to natural gas in an engine with multi-port sequential injection, plus it can eventually be replaced with biomethane.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-27-2020)