View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #119 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Or can we take him at his own word? Skip ahead to 2:15, when the reporter says "...clarify your comment about injections of disinfectants.." and gets overridden by "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you to see what would happen"
Really, "I had just been told about disinfectants and was brainstorming" would not be an embarrassing response there.
I'm interested. Does that make me very nasty and therefore negate all the conflicting statements above? Really, freebeard- you posted Crowder's video. His take directly conflicts with those of Trump, Birx and McEnany. Please discuss.
I can't make you nasty, only you can make you nasty.

I'd say two things.

How many days of 2 hour briefings (on top of doing his job) did it take for the 'reporters' in the room to find something they could ride into the ground. I can see why after he gave them the red meat they wanted, he'd step back or rebrand as 'reopening' briefings. Over/under on how long it would take to find something to 'report' on then?

Did you think it sounded sarcastic? I certainly didn't. I suspect it was a Jedi mind trick (per Scott Adams) to short-circuit the discussion, and the 'reporters' brains. As you reported "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you to see what would happen". I'm not retracing my steps to see what point I might thought was made by the Youtube video.

edit:
Just to be clear, I don't think they are reporting. They are Manufacturing Consent

I check for you, it's on Youtube. search_query=Manufacturing+Consent%3A+Noam+Chomsky +and+the+Media+

No excuse not to know this.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-27-2020 at 08:30 PM..