View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #67 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I have not found an SLPA job in California that pays as well my agency does in Phoenix, but Arizona pays significantly better the more rural your area is. In theory my clients are further away, but I am not dealing with traffic, accidents, and ridiculous heat.

If I maintained thirty clients a week I would earn over $100,000 a year, but right now I can only see six, while a lady started working in the area and had over twenty clients almost immediately with another agency [that pays significantly better].

I am checking again. Not only are most of the California salaries lower than my agency pays, they are lower than I see other agencies advertising in Phoenix, until this: $45,150 - $58,050 a year.

It is a clinic. Those almost always pay better.

Maricopa Public Schools is offering $58,500. Last year it was more like $48,000, but they are far enough away that I wouldn't say they are in the valley.

None of the SLPA listings for California paid great.

I wish that there were some way of properly filtering that.

While it seems that SLPAs are paid worse, SLPs definitely seem better paid.

I learned to pull up each employer instead of wading through an overwhelming number of ads. It only shows fifteen employers advertising up to 149 times each.

I found my school job by searching all Indeed listings in my area going 90 days back, but I still do not see a better job.

I searched for "Full-time" and looked at the employers. All that I found is that the two charter schools for which I work are both looking for full-time teachers. I sure hope that would pay better!

I could ask to be a full-time teacher and teach while I obtain my credentials.

Curiously, someone in Show Low wants someone to drive his four Ford pickups, and help the owner document that repairs done out-of-town were incorrect.

It says $20 an hour.

Craigslist does not show anything for "Speech" or "SLPA."