View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 03:07 PM   #108 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Neither of my jobs is keeping me busy, but I am on-track to pay off all $13,600 of personal debt that I had when school started. My school hours have slowly increased and they are offering me a 2% raise, but I have had a few staffing agency recruiters reach out to me. I want to hear back from the latest one and check the local school district websites before I commit. Then again, I started working eighteen hours a week, and I think that I was authorized for twenty-three when TPgate started. Also, my supervisor talked about me picking up telestudents, but it looks like that is not beginning until next year.

It would be more hours.

Northern Arizona University was supposed to send out acceptance packets in February. I asked around back in March and eventually someone told me "The admissions committee has begun to send invitations. Though many have been sent at this time, some may go out as late as April. [...] Unfortunately, we can’t comment on the status of any specific application, but we hope to send out the final set of decisions soon."

However, the next day they commented on the status of my application, saying they never received transcripts from MUMU, so they never looked at the rest.

I think that I only completed two classes, although both were As.

Strangely, I never saw that last e-mail, not until just now when I went to see how long it had been.

Well, I had planned on reaching out to better-paying agencies in the valley and seeing if they would hire someone all of the way out here. If I were in grad school I might have difficulty maintaining six clients. I just reached out to the company that bought the clinic where I was offered a job in 2017. However, I had a bad feeling from the beginning, and when I interviewed the owner I learned that she was planning on selling the company and moving out of state. She hired someone else, that therapist couldn't handle being on her own, and quit.

Page didn't work out great, but this sounded worse!

Right now Western Vista Credit Union Rewards Checking seems like the best place to open a checking account, I would earn $200 in interest in the next year with them, but Wells Fargo offers $400 to open a checking account and set up direct deposit of $4,000+ within three months.

Then open up a Western Vista account once I have Well Fargo's money?

If I am able to save $13,600 in the next year I am unsure that I would be able to do anything significant with it.