View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
stiletto2
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Might not be so much of a rocket-science approach, since some CVTs meant for cars already emulate gears for a sequential manual operation.

Well yes, the Suzuki Burgman 650 scooter has something like that already. But it uses a different type CVT which is more car like with a metal belt. The more common "rubber band" kind of drive belt found on scooters below 650cc in size are the kind I am talking about.

Without having something presently ready made to give some amount of manual control over a CVT of the reinforced rubber type, one would need to have it engineered/fabricated. Something that the average home tinkerer may not have the skill set or tools to do. That is the kind of help that I most likely will need for my idea.

I know what I want and how it would work, I mostly will need help building the thing with my info on distances, angles, depth/length of movement, etc. I may need assist on best materials, fabrication methods and parts that will stand up to expected friction experience and wear, crank case temperatures etc. So yeah, engineering. (that could end up being a little more expensive than I would really like)
Originator of the "Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me