View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #142 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
To adjust the math of someone that I am sure is a perfectly nice person, $3,736.06 in Vanguard's VFINX would be worth $63,353.41 in 27 years, but based on my 3% inflation math, we will have 100% inflation by then.

I am curious what my retirement actually gets.

The only interest that I have paid on my credit card in probably 2.5 years was when I used the same card that had a balance transfer and did not have a grace period. I lost $1.10 more than I earned in points.

I have mentioned a few times that I should pay off my credit card debt with the last school paycheck.

I am going to have an emergency fund. Credit cards should work, but I am not going to rely on "should" in an emergency.

The Accord is mechanically sound. Cosmetically, she has seen far better days. Once I get the Civic dash back together she should be good, too. She drove great after I had the mechanic lash the valves.

Cosmetically, she has seen far better days, too, but eventually something will happen that I will not be able to fix, whether it is the Honda's fault or not, and it is really annoying to need to scroll down so far when I look up car parts [by year].

I am going to open that Wells Fargo checking account with my first paycheck next year and that is supposed to give me a $400 bonus. Then I will close it and open up a Western Vista Credit Union Rewards Checking account that currently pays 4.09% interest.

If either of those deals ends or changes I will go for the next best.

Even if my main job doesn't improve, my second job keeps growing slowly, and I started talking to another agency.

I just hope that I do not end up with 8 bosses.

I do not remember in which thread I listed my expenditures for the previous 90 days or something, but the only criticism was spending $3.24 at Burger King a couple of times a month, and, I will remind you, I will have paid off $13,600 of personal debt on a $36,000 salary.

It is almost 38%. Yay.

Some lady is bragging to everyone that will listen that she saved $100,000 in 3 years.

She saved 40 - 50% of her income, so she made sixty-five to eighty thousand a year.

My paychecks from my second job have gone to my savings account at Navy Federal and all that I have done with it is pay off $2,000 of my student loans, make one credit card payment, and I recently transferred a little over $2,000 from Bank of America.

It is sitting at around $8,750, but taxes will take much of that, and I will use the rest to pay off my credit card.

Well, it is time to wrestle clients! I just want to mention that I did work with my brother this morning and then I had him do a 15-minute kettlebell workout--while he threw a tantrum.

He multitasks!

He was definitely sweating, but I felt like I was doing all of the work, moving the kettlebell and him the whole time.
Ecky (05-01-2020), redpoint5 (05-01-2020)