View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #146 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Show Low Public Schools has a full-time SLPA opening!

The starting pay isn't great, but it is slightly more than the charter school pays; additional hours, retirement, and benefits appeal to me greatly!

I absolutely hate to leave my kids and hope they find a replacement. They were doing occupational therapy through Zoom before TPgate. Hopefully they do not need to do that, it requires a babysitter.

As far as I know, there aren't any other SLPAs in the area, or at least everyone else already has a job. My brother's SLPA will be working here full-time, but I believe that she currently earns 50% more at a school in another area. She always complains about her home health pay and I think that she earns 50% more than me there also.

My other job pays 266% more than the school.

I cannot imagine her working for so little.

I wonder why there is an opening now. It is always fun to ask. The district's websites just show one SLP for six schools. I cannot find anyone else in Google cache and the Wayback Machine doesn't show anything.

If they count all five years of my experience it will be an extra $3,000. If they count the two years that I have worked at schools it will be $1,200 more.

I kind of want to ask if they are interviewing many applicants for that position. It would be funny if they say that nobody else applied, but do you think they would say "We have been overwhelmed with applications from a wide variety of experienced people," even if it weren't true?

One current and one previous supervising SLP have given me permission to use letters of recommendation they wrote for other applications. My leaders in the Guard always supported me and I asked one Sergeant for a letter. Maybe I should ask the others, but I have hardly heard from them since I left.

I cannot continue my application until I have three letters.