View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
blownintegra
EcoModding Lurker

Green Machine - '92 Geo Metro XF i
Last 3: 42.66 mpg (US)

Black Ball - '99 Ford Contour SE V6 Auto

Red Baron - '96 Honda Civic HX
Coyote X, thanks for the head start with the tune, at least the car is up and running because of your info. I will work the wideband once I can get the car to run and rev correctly to start driving it on the street. I wish I had your computer in the dash, but right now, its a computer on my lap in the driveway! Thanks a million for the contacts and the head start info to get me going. The learning curve is steep. Lots of reading, adjusting, and fiddling...I have a PLX wideband, but I want to do a DIY for permanent installation in the car for lean burn.

TELV, what I did is look at my Acura, 1.8 liters, 4 injectors @ 240 cc each, so I figured around 1/2 of that would be about 480 or 440 cc. 440 cc is a normal cc "off the shelf" so that's what I figured would be a good starting point. 270 seemed a bit small because the pulsewidths would be extremely long, and you'd be running close to 100% at 6500 rpm for 3 cyls, even as stock. I believe normally you wouldn't want to be more than 80% or else the injector never really closes. Also you can't be too big or the fuel would not atomize properly.

Thanks again for your help in getting things set, explaining a where to find things in Megatune and you support on this project as well.

Big thumbs up to these two gentleman for their help to my cause!

Sincerely,

Mike