View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
TELVM
EcoModding Lurker

'El Misil' - '91 Opel Calibra 2.0i
Last 3: 29.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownintegra View Post
... what I did is look at my Acura, 1.8 liters, 4 injectors @ 240 cc each, so I figured around 1/2 of that would be about 480 or 440 cc. 440 cc is a normal cc "off the shelf" so that's what I figured would be a good starting point. 270 seemed a bit small because the pulsewidths would be extremely long, and you'd be running close to 100% at 6500 rpm for 3 cyls, even as stock. I believe normally you wouldn't want to be more than 80% or else the injector never really closes. Also you can't be too big or the fuel would not atomize properly.
Those are well educated guessings, but the real flow rate from reliable source would be the best data. I did a search on the subject but couldn't find any better than the link above .

May be someone has uploaded the Geo Metro or Suzuki Swift 1.0 workshop manual in eMule or Torrent or similar, there you could find the data.

Also these cheap Haynes books are a heaven of information for the Do It Yourselfer:

By the way, if I were tuning a Geo Metro with Megasquirt for low fuel consumption and low emissions, the first I'd do would be kicking off the TBI injection and DIY to multipoint with three smaller injectors firing just upstream of each intake valve. Single-point wet-manifold injection sux big time.