View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #200 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Your house is the size of this lot?
No my house is 1034 sq ft living space plus a 2 car garage on a 6,534 sq ft lot
- identical in size to the lot the blue house sits on. My lot is about the right size if not a little too big. My house in TN was on a 1 acre lot that was way too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
The shed doesn't have connections or pictures of the interior....
According to Zillow it has water, internet and cable. It has access to Electricity and phone but they have not been connected.

Personally if I was starting from scratch in a semi-rural area I would go for solar instead of paying to connect utility power.

My phone doesn't work there... That depends on your carrier. In the USA we decided to build out 4+ independent and incompatible cell phone networks instead of one common network. That means sometimes you need to change carriers to get service. I had to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T when I moved to Oregon.

Doesn't have pictures... Sometimes you have to talk to people in person.

While that particular property might not be right it shows what is possible in your area and I like the concept. I've walked through the larger barns at Home Depot and Lowes and thought - this might not be a bad base for a rural cabin.

This one is 456 sq ft

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Best-Barns-...hed/1000406185

The lot is also way bigger than needed which gives the option to slice off a 1/2 acre and sell the remaining 2 acres to recover most of the original investment.