Thread: Prius 75-91mpg
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #154 (permalink)
Nathan jones
Ecomodding Apprentice

Yes there are more variables and latent energy the reason its not 8x but half the speed is 4x less fuel. Anyway I've decided to make also the rear hatch entirely from scratch gf, it needs to be a different shape, also the rear wheel covers will be rectangular and stick out an inch but be smoothed pretty cool, also front wings from cf but will be seperate to the bonnet. the splitter will just be for show as the air will go a different way. all surfaces need to be as shiny as hell. Aluminium underneath, rear door sections may be 3mm plywood or cf, not sure yet

All my brakes work, maybe someone read stuff wrong. Stops quicker than any car I've had

....also I was going to level off the bonnet, it has a point in the middle, despite the flat windscreen maybe the air pressure split by it joins the dips in the roof, not sure, any shapes do add surface area. I may keep the point and run the entrance angle down the same, a little further forward and pointy than the picture. All adds mpg at the expense of mid speed handling

also will try 195/50 soft compound track tyres on the front, at 28psi should be just right when warm. The 185's can stay on the back, they've never slipped out

It will go for new drop links, a arms and suspension parts, maybe radiator. A 102mpg, 0-60 in 7.2 £10 a year road tax car thats only had a road spring in 5 years deserves more

Oh engine oil and 3 gearbox oil changes

n.b the road spring was broke when I bought the car

Last edited by Nathan jones; 05-10-2020 at 10:06 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan jones For This Useful Post:
TexasCotton (05-10-2020)