View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
iveco
EcoModding Lurker

Iveco - '00 Iveco Daily 35s13v
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
It's no rocket-science, but it would involve mixing cold water with hot water to trim the right temperature for a comfortable bath.

That's not exactly what I was considering when I mentioned a starter-generator, but if you manage to place a motor-generator on the driveshaft it might be worth to take a look at the hybrid technologies fitted to trucks and buses instead. I guess you might've seen some hybrid buses with a "pancake" motor between the engine and transmission, replacing the torque converter traditionally fitted to an automatic transmission.

Sure a belly-pan seems worth the effort, but don't hold your breath for it to provide any rust protection. On a sidenote, if you eventually get one, an exhaust wrap might also be desirable in order to prevent damage to the surrounds, which would include the belly pan depending on which material it would be made of.
I will be not using the heated water directly it will be heating a 100-200 litre hot water tank on an independent loop, so I'm unsure how to stop adding heat to the water with out it running away.

good idea on exhaust wrap too, cheers!