View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
2016 Versa
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
I've got a 2016 Nissan Versa with a CVT but, if I had a standard automatic I wouldn't consider changing to a CVT because of the problems that have plagued the CVT over the years. If I'd have done my homework before buying the Versa I'd have been much more hesitant about buying it. Nissan settled a class action suit on the CVT several years ago where they increased the factory 5yr./60K mile warranty to 10 yr./120K miles. In March of this year they settled another class action suit increasing the factory warranty from 5yr./60K miles to 7yr./84K miles. I love the mileage I'm getting with the CVT in the Versa but, there's no way I could ever save enough on gas to pay for a $4-5K transmission replacement. My Versa has a rebuilt title therefore I got it at a great price. When I bought it in Feb. 2019 it had 10546 miles on it and I got it for $5300, it is currently just short of 22,000 miles. I figure if I can nurse it to 100K miles I will have got my money's worth but, there are lots of the Nissan CVT's that have failed well under the original factory 5yr./60K mile warranty and have read of instances where they failed at 10K or less miles. I've personally owned a few cars with standard automatics that went well over 200K miles and never gave any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2016 Versa For This Useful Post:
EcoCivic (05-11-2020)