View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
documentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
As at Permalink #4, I solicit documentation. My favored search engine only points to the Meredith Effect.

The major effect of a rolling wheel appears at the leading edge of the contact patch[es]. Shouldn't have much effect on the body itself.
Automobile Magazine (I think) published two, hardbound books which included brief histories of both Jaray and Kamm. I believe that this is the source of the information. Both books will be easy to locate,I'll look. Since Germany lost WW-I because it ran out of oil and rubber, Hitler was very concerned that his up-coming war might be jeopardized the same way (which turned out to be case).In exchange for all Fachsenfeld' aerodynamic patents,he was to be given free rein at the FKFS laboratory/ wind tunnel in Stuttgart (it's right next door to Daimler-Benz (Mercedes-Benz). Kamm's low drag cooling system would also help the war effort.Kamm would commute back and forth to Berlin in his K-5,while Porsche commuted there and back in his 60K10 Berlin-Rome racer.
freebeard (05-12-2020)