View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
bobo333
EcoModding Apprentice

F Truck - '77 Ford F100 2x4, single cab, lwb
90 day: 8.75 mpg (US)

Bombodore - '98 Holden Commodore Exec Wagon
90 day: 21.35 mpg (US)

Civic - '93 Honda Civic GL
90 day: 36.62 mpg (US)

Jim The Prius - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 36.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Good improvement so far. Consider this:

jalopnik.com: This Lifted Prius Trolls Jeeps
That car was a big inspiration for this build, there are surprisingly few people in the wild doing this despite the popularity of Prii around the world.

The Russian lift kit has been in the mail for a month or so now but is taking forever thanks to the virus.

~~~

By this point another interstate trip was looming, and i had bought a new set of lights i was excited to fit, a night and day quality difference from the old ones (excuse the pun)

This time i scrapped the old bar from the Subaru and trimmed the grille before bolting the new lights directly to the factory aluminium bumper support, this brings the lights down a couple of inches and gets rid of most sharp edges, bringing it more inline with local laws, and probably markedly improving aerodynamics.

The stock headlights have definitely seen better days but they will be replaced in due time, the following photos are with my camera set to manual, with the exposure as close as possible to what my eyes actually see and locked for all shots

Stock low beam:

Stock high beam:

Livid Hyperdrive Mk2:

Theyve already saved me from multiple animals strikes on the first trip.

Stay tuned for more!

(Posted in 2020) 2009 Prius Off Road project: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ide-38366.html

(Posted in 2012) 1977 F100 Project: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post310326
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobo333 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (05-20-2020), MetroMPG (06-11-2020), wdb (05-21-2020)