Thread: More XJ Mods
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Taylor95
Master EcoModder

Jeep - '97 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)

Blueberry - '07 Toyota Camry SE
Very nice looking XJ! If overheating is an issue, I would definitely recommend the electric fan setup I got. I found an aluminum 3 core radiator with electric fans to go with it for only 250 usd. It works almost too good. It was pretty cool this morning, so I didn't even have to turn the fans on. I'm sure I will mainly use the fans when I'm off roading.I have found that removing the mechanical fan allows me to get up to speed slightly faster and my engine revs up faster too. I will be installing a higher temp thermostat, which should help me get better fuel economy.

Looks like you have a pretty cool tent on your roof for overlanding. If you're willing, I would suggest removing the roof rack and keep a tent inside. I removed the stock roof rack from my XJ for a small gain. You would probably see quite a nice gain from taking yours off.

I have quite a few mods planned when I have the funds. I have found a company that makes rear spoilers for our jeeps. I would also love a banks header for both power and economy.