Thread: More XJ Mods
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
alexbrown64
EcoModding Lurker

Rear spoiler may be good Taylor95..

The roof rack will be staying on, as i use it to carry everything, and on the side is an awning for when we are at the beach. Looking at getting a roof top tent as well. There are going to be lots of things that i know wreck economy, but i won't change.
Staying below 65mph, converting the fan, spoiler, keeping a good tune, etc.. are some of the ways that i am hoping will help to bring economy down a little bit.
I have an aluminum radiator, high flow pump, 195 stat, all new cooling system.
I also had the 3 fan electric setup. Even with all 3 fans going flat out, it could not pull enough air to keep the Jeep cool on the beach. Where i live, the temps are regularly 35-40C (105F). With the Jeep at high revs on the beach, the temps would scream up, even with all 3 fans going max. What is the 3 fan system that you have purchased? I was maybe looking at the Taurus fan mod for the future. I will go from the ZJ to the XJ clutch fan and see how much that affects consumption at hot idle.
I might also air my big tires up to 40 psi. I will be looking at swapping out my O2 sensor soon, as i noticed it is not quickly switching between lean/rich.
Ive only just got the MPGuino working well, so want to do small things at a time to find what works.
Be interesting to see what works on yours as well!!

Below is a pic of the fans i ripped out. They just couldnt cool her down enough. This was only 2 months ago. I never changed anything else except swap out to the ZJ fan, and the motor NEVER goes over half way, even in 100F temps.

Old vs new headers...

Keeping things cool on 100f days on the beach is still a major consideration...