Thread: More XJ Mods
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
alexbrown64
EcoModding Lurker

That radiator and triple fan setup looks pretty good. The front of your Jeep is alot more open than mine. I have a light bar and winch in front. It kind of blocks off air supply. The triple fans worked good most of the time, but when it got really hot, and the engine was really working, they couldn't keep up in my application. I guess everyones Jeep has its own unique characteristics.

On a side note, i did fit Grand Cherokee rear disc brakes to my XJ. Still retained the ABS. I find them great. Low maintenance and no rolling resistance.

The headers i got from here in Australia. I had them ceramic coated in a chrome type color. https://bestmufflers.com/bshop/index...roller=product

Ive also got 4 hole injectors. Australian 777 injectors. Also E3 plugs. The engine runs very smooth, idles great and never misses a beat. I had to replace the cam sensor a few months ago. She just died with no warning. I keep spares of all the sensors. Mainly NTK brand.

One of the best and cheapest mods i did was the TV cable. Bleepin Jeep does a small YouTube vid on correct adjustment. It was amazing. 5 minutes, and completely free and it completely changed how my Jeep engine/transmission felt and shifted.

I had a CAI, but now have a snorkel setup. I might wrap the airbox in insulation. I was going to get a K&N filter, but the more i read, the less i want one.

I was going to go up an octane rating in fuel at the bowser, but i was also told the 4.0 runs best at the lower ratings, and not worth the difference in cost.

I have a free flow cat, and a throttle body spacer, but not the larger throttle body.

Whats your thoughts on resetting the computer after doing a mod. I know the Jeep supposedly runs of a preset bunch of tables and learns all the time.
I wouldn't mind resetting mine and having a baseline. Not sure if the Jeep responds instantly to each mod/upgrade.

Keep up the good work..

Cheers,