View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
kamesama980
the crazy guy in back

Cressy - '90 Toyota Cressida

Pickup - '91 Toyota Pickup base
Send a message via AIM to kamesama980
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
FWIW, "roadies" do not call it the "Roadie loop", its called an "over-under Coil".

If you coil a cable by wrapping it around your elbow/forearm, you will be kicked off the stage.

Another version, which works great on cables and garden hoses, is a simple figure 8 laying on the ground, we call it a "Las Vegas coil", in that before wireless mics were popular, the stars had to drag their mic & cable often across a large bare stage as they walked out to perform, and a tangle or a knot would ruin the moment. You can if you want, fold the figure 8 onto itself and make a visual single coli, with a lot of the issues still be being solved when unwinding the next time.

The issue that still remains, being sure not to get the loose end to be pulled, not tangled into the coil.

Another related tip, if you are building your own electrical quad u ground power cable boxes, 180 deg AC duplex outlets to the other, as it is seldom all 4 power plugs that go into the outlet box laying on the ground will, prefer all the grounds going the same way.
yep, "over-under" and more like beat you with the cord you coiled wrong on your way out the door! I also learned it and figure-8 working shows but as a local, not a roadie.
-2001 BMW R1200c
-1970 VW Beetle
-2015 Prius (for the wife)
"You don't get to blame me for how I fix what you broke."