View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Lightbulb heres an idea

You wanted to use the fuel pump relay.
Good relay, carries full voltage at load, continuous.
BUT
Powered by another relay,
That is
Powered by another relay.
So lets use the first relay in the series.
In the relay box,
In the front left of the engine compartment,
Is a relay called, (your gonna love this)
the
Duh duh duh
Main Relay.
catchy , huh?
4 pins on the bottom.
pins 1 @ 4 have a white wire with a red stripe on it that comes in from the battery on fuse #F1 in the fuse box in the engine compartment. Battery power direct at all times.
pin 2 has a blue wire with a black stripe, this is the control to the relay. Ground this wire and relay energizes. Could be hooked to any kind of switch. Carries almost no current, no worry of arcing.
pin 3 has a white wire with a blue stripe. This is the functional wire from the relay. You could use it to send battery power any where you want.

If you still want to use the fuel pump relay let me know and I will put those in here as well.
You do not need to use the wiring as it came from the factory. You could re-purpose any relay for what you need.
I just found it humorous that they used one relay to power a relay to power a relay.
PM me and give me you mailing address (snail mail) and I will send you the schematics for the car. I have the ones for these relays printed already and it would only take a few minutes to print all the wiring for your ride.
Schultz

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein