Thread: More XJ Mods
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
alexbrown64
EcoModding Lurker

When I put my obd1 mt2500 scanner on, my fuel trim is at -5%. My injectors are at 4ms. I do have 777 injectors. My rpms are just over 700. The engine had to be up near 180-190f to get the good hot idle readings. My mpguino is calibrated spot on. Resetting computer makes readings worse. Adaptive learning makes it get better. ANY slight vacuum leak makes it worse. I have a tranny cooler that kept kicking in early, as I have the trigger for that hooked up to my old triple fan setup. The load on the alternator was making fuel use at idle worse, so I disconnected it. Also, my aux fan was coming on early. I changed the sensor, and now it doesn’t come on til 210f I think. Anyway, removing All load from the alternator helped a lot. The aircon is a massive one that sucks juice at hot idle. All my pulley bearings are new, and my alternator is new. My engine is tuned to perfection, all new sensors, plugs, coil, cap, leads. No cracks in header, as it’s new. I run an oil additive called Xado. Very expensive, but I had a noisy lifter and it fixed it and made the engine run quieter.

Cheers,