View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 11:05 AM   #335 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Oh no! There are dozens, if not hundreds of agencies across the state not getting me clients! How can I live with myself!

That teletherapy job is only a possibility, but in theory, if they have an opening, I could reach out to all support coordinators in all remote parts of Arizona and ask if they had any clients that would benefit from speech teletherapy. There must be dozens.

Dozens!

The thing is, my credit card starts charging interest in the First, and I will need to save up a bit more in order to pay off my credit card and pay my taxes, so all of this money that I have saved up really isn't mine. If I found a house I would also find a credit card with zero transfer fees and kick that down the road. Getting out of debt is great, but it really doesn't open any opportunities.

I found a lady who sold 167 houses. I do not see how all of those could have been hers. The friend said that she must have a team. So, she counts everyone's sales, while they only count their own?

I mentioned to my one friend that I was trying to find a realtor and asked what criteria was the most important.

Quote:
Do you have a 20% down payment saved up for the type of house you're looking for? Or if you're interested in investing, you should have 100%...
Quote:
I see that you follow the Dave Ramsey School of Getting Nowhere Fast.
It seems he took that personally:
Quote:
I dunno... Which of us makes 6 figures, has a PhD and lives in Europe?
Six figures is great. My sister earned that as an RN. He has made it clear that he still has tens of thousands of dollars in student loans. He also has nine dependents and his wife is probably too busy homeschooling to have her own career.

Is any of that relevant? What is his net worth? He didn't mention that. He has two old vehicles, so we are even. He rents. He refuses to save up for his kids' college.

I reached out to ten realtors in my area and asked if there were any site-built homes under $200,000 that would qualify for a VA loan. A VA loan would be great, but again, I do not know how many homes would qualify. I shared a picture of a house that seemed to have dry rot on all of the roof fascia boards, damaged drywall in every picture of the interior, and the kitchen cabinets were missing drawers and doors.

They want $177 a square foot, but since it is only 979 square feet it is worth more like $78,320--less than half.

Homes under $125,000 sold for between $60 and $103 a square foot. Hopefully the drywall could be patched, textured, and repainted easily enough. I do not know how easily you can replace drawers and doors. As long as the dry rot is limited to the fascia it would not be too much work to replace. It isn't as bad as the $60 houses, but is nowhere near as nice as the $103 ones.

I wanted someone to explain why they were asking 40% more than the house would be worth if everything were fixed. I showed a few pictures of another house on the same street. Everything was great, but it was missing some wall plates, and I have heard of VA inspectors failing houses for missing those.

Kevin responded:
Quote:
haha let them call out the wall plate then - if they feel they have to call something out, leave something for em lol
Did the realtor not understand? The idea is that the inspector says "Oh! You are missing a wall plate! This house failed! Call me back [and pay again] when you fixed that!"