View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 07:38 PM   #607 (permalink)
harriska2
EcoModding Lurker

Rei the Evergreen

Got “Rei” our Evergreen a little over a week ago, VIN #37 for 2020. I happen to have borrowed Goldie, VIN #12 for 2019.

A couple observations between the newer Rei and older Goldie:

1. Both are silver panels but the molding seems to have changed. It is different but I can't put my finger on exactly how, the trunk looks different on the inside.

2. Rei has an upgraded computer. The startup sounds are more melodic and loud.

3. Driving without doors is actually really nice. You can totally see the wheels and it is quicker to get in and out. I can see why Mark F doesn't seem interested in doors for his FUV. That said, the back is a bit more windy and I'm not real willing to hold Rusty Q Dog in the back seat without doors. Also storing stuff in the back seat is a little iffy without doors to keep your stuff from rolling around. Good thing our large pizza fit in the trunk Smile

4. Rei seems smoother. My son thinks it turns at low speeds a little easier. I couldn't tell the difference

5. We also have different back tire and break pads.

6. You are now required to have both the left and right seatbelts engaged in order to move.

7. Blinkers sound a little different

For anyone wondering if you can rig up a quick button to reset. Apparently not at all possible. My husband was looking at the training rig for technicians and the guys showed how the reboot works. Sorry. Only suggestion hubby had was nice black thumb screws for the small panels and small hands.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harriska2 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (05-30-2020), niky (06-09-2020), Xist (05-30-2020)