View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
gregersonke
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post

How did you do your testing? There are lots of variables, not just placement of VGs, that could contribute to changes in FE. I am not saying I think the VGs did not work for you.

Truthfully, I did it for the crosswinds not fuel economy. The fuel economy was the 20k miles before and thus far the 4k after. But an observation afterwards of a sudden spike in fuel economy immediately following was a bonus on my part and it's been pretty consistent, i've not seen a single decrease in fuel mileages. I've even beaten previously set fuel economy highs on trips with higher average speeds no less. Where I used to get 44 to no more than 47mpg covering a large part of a 72 mile each way journey at 80-82mph now I'm getting 51-56mpg (no battery) and up to 78 mpg (previously 72-75) mpg when I daily charge each way. Which would require me driving 70-75mph before to achieve and now doing at higher speeds. With the Covid 19 traffic, I've had to speed up to avoid basically being run over on the I5 interstate route I take every day. It's pretty crazy that such a simple modification would make so much difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_181758.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	28382  
The Following User Says Thank You to gregersonke For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (06-02-2020)