View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
I am sorry, but that's all just so much rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) The tufts do not represent the actual flow conditions, they are an artifact of the induced downwash, created by the longitudinal vortices, which the tufts fail to represent.
Translation: the tufts show what is happening. You don't like it, so the tufts must actually be showing something else.

Quote:
2) The TBL on the 911 is already compromised, half way between the top of the backlight and roof apex. The 911's rear contour happens too early, and its downslope is too steep to support attached flow.
Translation: here is my theory, so what the tufts actually show must be wrong.

Quote:
3) Since the backlight is at 26-degrees, there's no chance of reattachment. What your viewing is a tuft alignment due to the downwash already in place.
Translation: here is my theory, so what the tufts actually show must be wrong.

Quote:
4) The duckbill spoiler is attempting to 'reach' up,out of the separated flow where the inviscid flow can attack it. It falls short, however the vortex-induced downwash is attacking it, aiding engine cooling, lift, and a tiny bit of drag.
Translation: here is my bizarre theory of how spoilers work.

Quote:
5) Your concept of a 'lifting shape' is not supported by science.
Translation: here is my even more bizarre theory, based apparently on the notion aircraft wings don't exist.

Quote:
You know from your own experiments that, any major lift on the 911 would be ahead of the windshield header.
No, I know from measuring actual pressures on real cars (you could try it some time) that would definitely not be the case.

Quote:
6) If you'll continue your studies, you'll learn that the 'lift' that you're interested in is caused by the region of separation-induced low pressure acting over the top majority of the Porsche's aft-body.
Translation: more of my bizarre theory, one not supported by textbooks from Barnard, Scibor-Rylski, et al.

Quote:
7) You won't understand this concept until you investigate Bernoulli's Theorem. Ask any of your four favorite aerodynamicists.
Um, they vetted my book. They have already spoken!

Quote:
8) Any 'observer' who's passed a course in Fluid Mechanics would object to your explanation of the spoiler's function.
I don't think so.

Quote:
9) As to Hucho, all I can do is, list his quotes which are germane to this issue. I cannot comprehend them for anyone else.
I think you've got used to quoting Hucho incorrectly, as you did above, and few people have bothered checking on the actual quotes. So far, nearly every time I have checked, it's wrong. It's a bit like someone who believes in a flat earth referencing Encyclopedia Britannica pages that mention the word 'earth'.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-10-2020)