View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 07:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHR1294 View Post
Wouldn't normally chip in my 2 cents worth, but I think you're missing a few things from your post.

Nothing is designed from theory, things are DEVELOPED from theory. Design, production and testing, then going back to the design based on the physical testing results. It's an iterative process!

Otherwise we would never progress.

Theory AND development. Theory on it's own is useless.

Testing on it's own is also useless, if you don't know what to do with the results - you combine them with theory for an overall picture of what's actually happening.

Don't forget about all the failures with various buildings, nuclear reactors, transistors etc! because we only had a theory to go on when they were being designed.
Yes indeed.

I do a lot of electronics (been writing for electronics magazines for 25 years) and one thing is for sure - you never, ever publish an electronic project without first testing it.

(I worked for years with a top electronics engineer - a brilliant guy who had developed literally thousands of electronic projects. He used to say: "When you test the circuit, it never works exactly as you had expected!")
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
MHR1294 (06-06-2020)