View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
j-c-c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
What does the floor look like ahead of the diffuser?

This?

Not sure how close you are following this, but the one pic you posted here shows the temporary exhaust system, in front of the rear axle, for this segment of the aero treatment, the routing has been "cleaned" up, and the new mufflers are now vertical alongside the rear center fuel cell, and will exit as I mentioned thru the pair of symmetrical narrow diffuser channels. Its a and will remain a live axle leaf spring car , which really limits my solutions. I am very concerned as to the live axle movement aero interaction with the rear diffuser that I will see. I plan to add a decent sized axle mounted fairing to reduce its effects hopefully, thru its normal travel range. Specifically to your question, OEM mid floor is very "messy", I will incorporate a full between the axles underbody pan with side skirting, with an opening slit near the center for the twin exhaust tubes and driveshaft. Everything I am doing is on best guess, and it will see a low speed wind tunnel when completed in various configurations to see what is doing what, until I run out of time or money or both.

Last edited by j-c-c; 06-09-2020 at 09:35 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
freebeard (06-09-2020), JulianEdgar (06-09-2020)