View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 04:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I tried to spend all day on Friday working on my car, but stuff kept coming up. When I stopped for the evening I had only reinstalled the heater core, condenser, and blower.

I spent all Saturday on it and reinstalled the dash and most of the components, but stuff kept coming up, like while I was getting ready I discovered that someone knocked over my battery and did not pick it up. It sizzled when I emptied a box of baking soda on it.

I should have swept up that, shouldn't I?

It was going to be warm and sunny, so I unboxed my brand-new awning. It is also quite windy on top of the mountain, so I tied one leg to the No Parking sign and tied brake rotors to the other two legs that weren't right up against one of my cars. The awning leg transferred paint to my Accord, I moved the Accord away, and the awning managed to creep over.

Each time there was a strong gust of wind I watched the awning to ensure that it stayed put.

Then there are the weird neighbors, like the two girls that laid in the street in front of our house. Then the adorable little one use terrible language as they walked past.

When I removed the side mirror control the back broke into many places. I put it and as many bits as I found in a bag.

I did not think that I would find it cheaply and did not want to risk buying something that did not work, so I did not look into this in March. Many dealerships like Majestic no longer carry the part. The cheapest that I found was $133 shipped from Honda Parts Now. However, I found one in a slightly different color for $40 plus tax on eBay.

I am trying to save what I have.

I told a friend at noon:
Quote:
I finally have my dashboard back in now I just need to:
1. Bolt it back in
2. Reconnect everything
3. Reinstall the brackets, cluster, glovebox, stereo, etc.
4. Reconnect the air conditioning.
5. Replace the battery acid and reinstall.
6. Close up the cooling system, fill up, and burp repeatedly.
7. Have an air conditioning shop replace the refrigerant.
I am still finishing #3.
California98Civic (06-14-2020)