View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #103 (permalink)
Snax
Master EcoModder

Lord Vader - '15 BMW i3 REx
90 day: 35.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I am trying to create a throttle stop block that will safely and reliably hold my car somewhere between 60 and 70 MPH on flat highway. In testing, I have figured that about 17.5% throttle position in fifth gear should do it. But I cannot seem to create a stopper that reliably yields the same TPS reading each time. Compressibility of carpet and materials under the carpet seems to be the culprit. Maybe it is just my Civic.

Two questions for any of you who have tried this method: (1) did you use your TPS readings to confirm that the stopper is reliably stopping the throttle in the same position each time and (2) if you did how did you make your throttle stopper?

Thx!
1) No reason to for me with the energy display.
2) I use a series of large washers stacked under my pedal taped against a solid part of the pedal box underneath.

But what I think you may be able to do is to mount a bolt or something that contacts the metal below your carpet to provide a solid stop. Possibly something like a button head bolt drilled through the throttle pedal. Not sure how practical that would be, but throwing ideas out there . .
The Following User Says Thank You to Snax For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (06-17-2020)