View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 03:04 AM   #34 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I didn't even touch my Civic a little today. I still want to fix the mirror control and I do not want to wait a week or two for the part to arrive.

I saw two clients, found the form that I needed to sign, get notarized, upload, and get approved. Office Lady told me to simply proceed to the nearest bank to get a notary stamp, because this is something that I have needed many times over the years, especially in the five years that I have been an SLPA.

Except the nearest bank is Chase and Chase stopped notarizing.

Washington Mutual is completely closed.

The teller told me to go to Desert Title, but there was a long list of people waiting ahead of me and, of course, the business charges for services, so I went to my car and called the friendly neighborhood credit union, which confirmed notarizing, and I drove over.

Oh, you need to be in their club!

"Sign me up!"

"You don't want to join our club."

"Sure I do!"

[makes ridiculous excuses making it clear that she did not want me in her club]

She also kept telling me to go to the UPS store.

"They charge!"

She insisted they do not, but everybody says that business that charges for everything charges for that particular service.

That left National Bank.

National Bank notarizes for anyone and everyone. They do not discriminate! Members, nonmembers, nonhumans, imaginary friends, hallucinations, and evil spirits!

They notarize for everyone!

They just wouldn't let me into the lobby twelve minutes before closing.

I have spent hours trying to get Dad's old office all-in-one to scan. It prints perfectly, although it keeps telling us to replace one of the color cartridges.

I am not paying for color!

Somehow the scanner is simply dead. There is only one USB cable, but I cannot get the computer to recognize the scanner. I looked into it again and something said to download HP's Witch Doctor, so I did. It took an unreasonably long time and I realized that it does not install because it does not connect to the scanner.

The program that is supposed to fix the scanner needs to connect to the scanner in able to fix it.

If it connected I wouldn't need the program!

I think that I will just send Office Lady a picture and say "We don't have Kinko's!"