View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 11:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I still could not get my scanner to work, at least through Windows and HP's programs, but someone had mentioned scanning through Paint.

I successfully scanned through Windows Paint!

Strangely, having already potentially slept for ten hours, I felt sleepy again, so I settled for a three-hour nap.

Much of the plastic broke off the back of my mirror control. I put gorilla tape on the back, folded it at the edge, put down baking soda, evened it the best that I could, applied just enough super glue, and waited for it to dry. I sanded it smooth, marked the slots with a Sharpie, and cut them out with the smallest bit in the smallest rotary tool from Harbor Freight.

It looked good, but did not fit together somehow. I kept trying to trim parts that stuck out.

The baking soda and super glue did not flex at all. It started cracking where it originally broke, so I cut off the tabs. It still did not fit and the rest of the housing is cracking, so I ordered a used one from eBay.

$42.23 and is not supposed to be here for nine days. I am going to put the few remaining interior parts in the trunk and move on.