View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, but freebeard, though flying cars are cool, maybe, there is no analysis of power in the project and no repositioning of the reader to analyze the world we must drive through tomorrow and the day after. And while Fuller surely felt confident that his age knee the laws governing the universe well known, I am not sure physicists of our age would say the same, now that they have experimentally demonstrated "spooky action at a distance."
'Flying car' was misdirected, he called it an 'omni-directional transport'. Amphibian would have come before flying. And of course flying cars are a Bad Idea.

Rather than theories of political power, Fuller was concerned with the power of the sovereign individual.

Quote:
"Call me Trim Tab" — Buckminster Fuller ... - Sloww
https://www.sloww.co/trim-tab-buckminster-fuller/
Why did Buckminster Fuller say, "Call me Trim Tab"? Apparently it originated in a 1972 interview where Bucky Fuller says the following (emphasis added in bold): Something hit me very hard once, thinking about what one little man could do. Think of the Queen Elizabeth again: The whole ship goes by and then comes the rudder.

Buckminster Fuller's Common Sense Philosophy of Life ...
https://hackernoon.com/buckminster-f...e-8825310732e2
Buckminster Fuller's work was diverse and prolific, but there was an approach and a set of principles as the common thread. His work as an inventor, theorist, designer, and philosopher was all predicated on the value of viewing things in their appropriate context, which was usually a much larger context like the planet, our species, and the universe.
The only contemporary that he wasn't dismissive of was Albert Einstein. Synergetics falsifies Euclid [FFS].