View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #147 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
My sister made it to 45. First husband right out of high school was an ex-con. 2nd husband was an alcoholic Indian. Left five kids.
Quote:
Being a slave owner isn't desirable, not because it can't be highly beneficial to someone else (my child is a slave), but because it's an enormous responsibility.
That's why corporations don't pay your rent and groceries, they've figured it out.

Consider the opportunity costs to society as a whole. ...let alone the morality.

edit: Feels like the opening scene in Blade Runner:

2nd edit:
I'm still trying to figure this out, does anyone have a theory.

Blue state, Blue city; prepositioned ordinance.

Quote:
“The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America,” Adams wrote. “I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival…It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.”

Adams was off by a couple of days.

On July 4, after making a total of 86 (mostly small) changes to Jefferson’s draft, Congress officially adopted the Declaration of Independence, though most of the delegates didn’t even sign the document until August 2. Some impromptu celebrations greeted the declaration’s first public readings on July 8, in front of local militia troops in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, but the first organized celebration of Independence Day would take place in Philadelphia on July 4, 1777.
http://www.history.com/news/july-4-f...day-john-adams

Bring on the shews. Has anyone pulled down a John Adams statue?

3rd edit:
China poked the bear. Get your popcorn ready.

Last edited by freebeard; 07-05-2020 at 06:26 PM..