View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 05:02 AM   #192 (permalink)
Galane
Master EcoModder

Oldsmobile Acheiva. My folks had a 1994 Acheiva that had the SOHC 4 cylinder. It could get 40 MPG on the highway and was very good in town. My sister loved it for pizza delivery when it was given to her*.

For 1995 GM discontinued the SOCH "QUAD OHC" 4 cylinder. The former "hot" "QUAD FOUR" DOHC got demoted to merely "TWIN CAM" as the base engine with the V6 as the only upgrade. Of course average MPG for the model went down.

As an alternate to the Acheiva, a 1987 or 1988 Cadillac Cimarron, with the D'Oro Package.

*My sister the "truck magnet". Except for her first two cars, every vehicle she has owned has at some point been run into by somebody driving some variety of truck, not paying attention. The Acheiva had been clipped across the left front by an idiot in a truck, making an illegal right turn from a left turn lane. Then dad and I put new brake pads and rotors on the front and a new water pump. A week later a kamikaze deer jumped out in front of her. Yup, when behind the wheel of a vehicle my sister also attracts suicidal wildlife, one of which obliterated itself on her second car. The cats got to eat Mustang pulverized pheasant that evening.