View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
This thread loves dents almost as much as stressed paint.
Not gonna happen. When I spun out on black ice in 2016 I had to fight to keep a clean title. 2nd time was about a year ago, off-camber onramp after a Spring rain. It was the same left-side front corner. I'll admit I've had to conclude the tire combination on it has terminal oversteer on trailing throttle like a Porsche, it's bit me twice.

Tell you what though, I've got good used replacement fenders (right rear also) so when I strip and primer them I'll post pictures. Provided I've replaced the battery in my camcorder. Things move slow around here, especially up and down steps.

'On another note ...' I've got an early Beetle hood that is completely orange and brown metal. Except one little residual patch of thin paint. I should buff it and apply a wet sponge to finish it out. It cost me $5 at a swap meet.

Your example is literally Iconic:

From my albums:

Hmmm, there's sort of a theme that runs through them.

I've got a plastic model that has that same two-tone scheme in red on black. It's lifted directly from the Bugatti Royale.

Last edited by freebeard; 07-15-2020 at 04:31 PM..