View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
IndyIan
EcoModding Newbie

Parachute - '03 Chevrolet Tracker LX
90 day: 28.55 mpg (US)

Peon - '95 Plymouth Neon Highline baby!
90 day: 31.39 mpg (US)

Slocus Wagon - '06 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKWPrime View Post
The closer they get the slower you go not only works but it is proper driving procedure. If they are tailgating, you slow down to maintain adequate stopping distance reaction times for both you and them.

Of course, sometimes this results in the opposite problem. I will have people whip around me, throttle to the floor, cut back in front of me, and then slam on the brakes to make a turn.

Fortunately, I have only once had the misfortune of delivering the lesson to one of these morons that a loaded truck can not decelerate as fast as a 2000 lb car.
May I ask who was found at fault for that accident? Did you have witnessess to back up your story?

I find just gently slowing down some more gets people off the bumper, mostly my tailgaters seem to be young women who just don't really know any better. They aren't nasty about it and once they clue in that I don't really like someone 3 ft off my bumper they give some space or pass.

Maybe canadians that live in the country are just nice but it seems everyone is basically respecting other peoples decision to drive slow given the crazy gas prices.

Folks from the city (Toronto) are a different story but its only Friday nights in the summer that they are out. I bump my speed a bit to avoid watching a head on collision from the front row seat...
Ian