View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Andyinchville1
EcoModding Lurker

/// best tires smaller lrr tires or larger regular tires ? ///

Hi all,

I run a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 5 speed so I get pretty good gas mileage as is .

Originally the car came with 195 65 R15 ecopia 422 plus tires...

When those four were out I upgraded in size to 205 75 R15 ecopia 422 Plus Tires and noticed better fuel economy due to the larger size and lrr design.

I am currently needing to buy for more tires and I've been beating around the idea of getting even larger tires i. E. 205 75 R15. however I haven't been able to find specific Tire featuring low-rolling-resistance specifically in this size.

What do you think I should do ?

should I chance the bigger tires in the hopes that the larger diameter will potentially offset any decrease in low rolling resistance design? I currently Drive mostly highway so I am thinking the extra size would help gearing wise but worried that maybe it won't help enough because it's not a low rolling resistance design?

The tires I am looking at are as follows but I am open to any recommendations or suggestions from this List or elsewhere...

Tires I'm looking at in 205 75 r 15

Goodyear Assurance a /a
Hankook kinergy St h735
Kumho Solus ta11
Uniroyal tiger paw awp 2

The tires I am currently running are Bridgestone ecopia ep422 Plus in the size 205 70 R15.

Any and all input welcome and appreciated thanks in advance.

Andrew