View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 01:16 AM   #100 (permalink)
Trekintosh
EcoModding Lurker

Da Vinci - '91 Geo Metro Spaceship
90 day: 47.82 mpg (US)

V8BARGE - '11 Ford Crown Victoria LX
90 day: 15.15 mpg (US)

The Dakooter - '99 Dodge Dakota 4x4(FWD only)
90 day: 8.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
If only Cali wasn't on the opposite side of the country, or I'd pop in at a car show to see it!

You can get a generic lithium 12v for $140, $200 if you get it with balancing cells, so the cost isn't much different than a standard lead acid.

https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4...assed-dgr.aspx
Yes, a LiPo or LiFE or LiIon will last much much longer than a lead acid battery. But I can get used lead acid batteries for $30 all day long from my local Battery Systems. Until I rewire the dashboard in order to eliminate these little vampires, I'd rather just get another lead acid battery. With the solar charger it should be plenty fine to keep it topped up during the day time, and it doesn't die overnight, just over the course of a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
No problem. If you do the tuft testing and find the back is too fast, it appears there is 9" in height from the bottom of the box cavity to the top of the windsplits.

I'd expect an email with a shipping number before a road trip. Your call.

Is it like this? These were in New Beetles during shipping and the dealers were supposed to return them to VW.
Yes, it's like one of those. All sorts of companies make them now, this is the one I used: Amazon Link

What do you mean by tuft test? You talking about gluing tufts to the back of the car in order to detect wind resistance? I was just going to 3D model the car in Fusion and run simulations on it there, way less work