View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:23 AM   #106 (permalink)
funkhoss
EcoModding Lurker

The Little Car - '00 Chevrolet Metro
90 day: 91.08 mpg (US)

The Big Car - '94 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon
90 day: 44.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe_Hybrid View Post
the newer engines have DCFO without shutting down the engine it would be better to rig something like that up rather then turning off the engine..
This car had DFCO programmed into the ECU from the factory...

DFCO is a form of braking, plain and simple. It is NOT comparable to engine-off coasting.

Quote:
on the hybrid you can press the gas peddle just right and run it lean (it will stay in DCFO "on") running it lean nets about 31MPG.. it only works on flat land though..
I've thought about doing some sort of "lean cruise" button/setting with this car. It probably wouldn't be too difficult if I got a second wideband controller for the other half of the engine (in addition to the one I already have).

However...P&G with EOC (if you can commit to it) is always going to be more efficient than lean cruise, since the engine is always in its BSFC "sweet spot" (or off).

Quote:
what did you use for the front air dam? and rear wing? and side skirts?

I would like to do this to my SUV
Air dam: Conveyor belt, bolts/nuts/washers, compression springs, an additional bumper support
Rear wing: Coroplast, aluminum strips/brackets, screws/nuts/washers, magnets, EternaBond tape
Side skirts: Plastic gutters, lawn edging, pieces of conveyor belt, aluminum strips, screws/nuts/washers, EternaBond tape

There are more details in previous posts...

-Funkhoss