View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Andyinchville1
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It's one of my favorites too.

I'm skeptical of the the 'wear and abrasion' claim. It seems like the tire would have to be spinning on the rim to wear. In any case the overhanging lip could be coated with Teflon if it's that big a problem.
Hi

What I meant was if I glued a rubber disc to the sidewall of the tire, I would be worried if debris were to come in from behind the wheel (through the wheel spokes) and eventually work it's way into the gap where the glued rubber disc met the sidewall causing abrasion as it flexed...

Admittedly I don't go driving through beaches and off-roading so maybe dirt and debris would be minimal.

With the case of a solid disc touching the sidewall of the tire since the sidewall could Flex under heavy cornering I would worry a little bit about a non movable disc causing issue with the sidewall..

It's almost like running a dually Tire setup you don't want to rock with something to Lodge between the side walls because it couldn't damaged sidewalls...

Duallys on pickup truck or big truck usually have a gap between the Dual Tires to keep sidewalks from rubbing and or getting something lodged between them easily and wearing out the sidewall...

Maybe I was being overly paranoid but I really didn't want to have a blow out ecomodding. ;-)
aerohead (08-12-2020)