View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leinaad
EcoModding Lurker

Octavia - '20 Skoda Octavia Combi 2.0 TDI DSG
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.94 mpg (US)
Thanks everyone.
The rims would be the only weight saving and since Iīm thinking about adding a spare tire I probably wouldnīt save anything. Only benefit would the lower rotational mass.
To bad the after market isnīt interested in aero wheels

The car came with Dunlop Sport Bluresponse tires (205/55 R16), which seems to be quite good fe wise, so itīs not worth changing. I have to run 16" due to the front brakes, so I canīt go any smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTDI View Post
Congrats! That's a nice one, with already good aerodynamics btw.
Thanks. Cd is 0.315, my Passat had 0.32 not that much improvement for 15 years age difference.
I got a different lower grill yesterday which is partially closed that should help a tiny bit, will install when it gets a bit cooler.
The greenline spoiler would be nice too, but itīs expensive and technically Iīm not allowed to fit it. (TÜV says no )

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTDI View Post
Here you have the whole range of lightweight audi rims that you can find second hand:
I probably spent a few hours on the site to find rims for my previous car
Unfortunately neither Audi nor VW seems to have a forged Aero wheel that fits my car.
Audi offers a forged rim with a cap for the A4 that would combine aero and lightness. Unfortunately the dimensions a wrong and they are ugly.

Did a little trip after work today and got the consumption down to 4.3 l/100km at an average speed of 66 km/h (top speed 110 on the highway)