View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 01:28 AM   #73 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Researchers that are WAY above your pay grade have done the measurements and published before we were even born. It would be STUPID on my part to duplicate such an expensive undertaking, only to arrive at the same result.
CAR and DRIVER tested a 'template' car at the A2 Wind Tunnel. It produced zero-lift. My 'template' pickup truck measured zero-lift.
You've never experienced a 'streamlined' car before, so you wouldn't have a first-order-reality experience with them. That, however, does not prove their inexistence.
Exceptio probat regulam.
I am glad that you put streamlined in inverted commas, because of course we have seen how you have your own, er somewhat idiosyncratic definition of what streamlined means. (For people new to the discussion, Aerohead doesn't believe an aircraft wing is streamlined - because apparently, streamlined shapes don't produce lift. Truly.)

The A2 wind tunnel? I am afraid it's a joke - read the book you have on wind tunnel testing and see the parts about blockage factors. Read a bit more widely, and see the stuff about moving floors and wheels.

As to researchers having already done the measurements, I don't recall even one peer-reviewed, published example you have been able to provide that shows a 'template' shaped car having zero lift. That is, front and rear lift coefficients being zero.

Not even one example.

I won't hold my breath, because of course no examples exist.

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 08-27-2020 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: typo