View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 07:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Your'e obsessed with posting about lift. Is it because you've got the instrumentation to measure it?
I can measure changes in drag and panel pressures too, and I often write about those as well.

Quote:
In the realm of economic driving, the destabilizing effects lift are not an issue. Neither is adding downforce.
Unless you never exceed 80 km/h, not true.

Quote:
What we care about here is drag. We do indeed measure it with adding mods, then doing tuft testing, A-B-A testing, coast down tests. Long term gathering of data over the same ground, day after day.
Well, any coast down testing that you can perform on a normal road is quite invalid - it's one of the things that Aerohead states here that is right. I am not sure what your point is with your other tests - they're great!

Quote:
We don't have many million dollar wind tunnels.
Neither do I - I am not sure of your point.

Quote:
In the speed ranges in question, measuring lift is a roundabout way of measuring a component of drag.
That does not appear to be the case. An example is the Porsche Taycan that has lower drag at higher lift (ie spoiler down).

Quote:
It is by no means the source of all drag. Not even close.
I've never suggested that is the case

Quote:
I suggest you climb down off your well beaten dead high horse and try participating in a civil manner.
Well, the 'civil manner' of the group has allowed complete misconceptions and erroneous advice about car aerodynamics to flourish for a long time. Might be a bit better if BS is called out and not brushed under the carpet.

Quote:
You have a great deal to add here. Try adding it and not contesting every other thing you see.
I contest only misconceptions, errors and misleading advice. Unfortunately, there is a lot of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-16-2020)