View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Most cars can run 200-210 *F with no problems. Just be sure to have something to monitor coolant temps. Any info on thermostats on the ranger forums?
I've gotten a lot of "if it's not broken don't fix it" on there from guys who "mod" 100hp Rangers. Not much info on hotter operating temps. Everybody is more or less messing with cooler stats, accessory drive deletes, tunes, mud tires etc...
Understandable. Most people wanna go fast.

https://www.route66hotrodhigh.com/2300Heat.html

^This but no testing along with it.

I'm gonna go ahead and do the Ford 197 and see how it goes. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm losing % by running so cool.
Ford says "It's a 190 stat that opens at 197" from how I've seen it labeled.

Currently had a p0401 that I've gotten to go off (the guy i hired to fix it broke it more... Time to pay for pro welder exh mani bolt removal to replace the whole tube) but probably still inadequate flow to the sensor as it went back to the cam lope idle (one of the EGR nipples to the dpfe sensor broke off so I have both ports T-d to the single egr port) I'm getting 26 mpg at 60 mph so far. All my numbers are with scanguage, gps, and gear calcs.

Last edited by hayden55; 09-14-2020 at 11:09 AM..