View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 03:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Vekke
Mechanical engineer

Siitin - '98 Seat Cordoba Vario
90 day: 58.56 mpg (US)

VW Lupo 3L --> 2L - '00 VolksWagen Lupo 3L
Diesel
90 day: 104.94 mpg (US)

A8 luxury fuel sipper - '97 Audi A8 1.2 TDI 6 speed manual
90 day: 64.64 mpg (US)

Audi A4B6 Avant Niistäjä - '02 Audi A4b6 1.9tdi 96kW 3L
90 day: 54.57 mpg (US)

Tourekki - '04 VW Touareg 2.5TDI R5 6 speed manual
90 day: 32.98 mpg (US)

A2 1.4TDI - '03 Audi A2 1.4 TDI
90 day: 45.68 mpg (US)

A2 1.4 LPG - '02 Audi A2 1.4 (75hp)
90 day: 24.67 mpg (US)
Vesa Tiainen is my name and Vesa Tiainen – Passion for Engineering & Innovations is my engineering portfolio page.

At the moment I am doing the pre engineering. After this need to get the project team together. Currently missing sales and marketing experts and someone with better understanding on the financial and business side.

Rough project plan for the first protos:
- Pre engineering (almost ready)
- team
- Financing from investors and main partners aka the end users
- proto engineering and built phase
- Own testing and testing at the end customer

-->next loop and bigger production volumes steps. Project needs some big external partner to help with the part production and realiability of the powertrain. Thats why best option would be to use some already existing system like BMW i3 powertrain is high propability to be used in the first protos.

More detailed part engineering will be done after we have got a end customer who tells more details about the delivery process. It dictates some of the shaped also.

At the moment options for the rear door that companies use is that sliding door which it has now or two piece normal hinged door cutting line at the centre vertically. Ramp idea is good, but again need to ask the end customers is there is enough space in normal driving to use that. Loading will be done at the main warehouses where there is loading platform.

Rear body will be made novel production ways. If it works well it brings some competitive edge. If not some more common ways of production will be thinked.

Tried to contact also ZF. Nothing so far with them.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vesatiainen/

Vesa Tiainen innovation engineer and automotive enthusiast
The Following User Says Thank You to Vekke For This Useful Post:
freebeard (09-15-2020)