View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Indeed. Air quality has improved to 400. We had currey and company last night. We split up between the table and just eating in the living room.
We decamped to Astoria on Monday. My wife has asthma and couldn't breath laying down Sunday night. (That is a sign her lungs were filling with fluid which turns into pneumonia) It rained on and off most of the day yesterday and the AQI dropped to 43 last night. It is back up to 115 at the moment.

I managed to find a MERV 13 air filter yesterday so when we return I can build a box fan air purifier.

(I couldn't find a box fan in Astoria or in stock online anywhere. Air filters also sold out, as are air purifiers)

Instructions for a box van version courtesy of the Confederated Tribes.
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ty+Program.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm curious to travel highway 22 and see the devastation myself. Perhaps this weekend. We were camping in Breightenbush the day before the fires broke out (left early due to smoke), so I'm curious if the campground still exists.
We were in the Olallie Lake and Potato Butte area a few times over the last month. I'm curious to see how that area faired. According to the fire maps it burned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (09-16-2020), Xist (09-16-2020)