View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 01:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
With that in mind I'm debating whether to use them both at once in a v shaped duct or one at a time in a square duct. Either way I'll have to make some cardboard ducting to adapt the square filter to a round fan. I'm thinking that if the smoke blows out of the valley this weekend as predicted I may be able to return one of the filters.

Thoughts anyone?
Presumably the filters are capable of filtering at least the same total volume of air in tandem as they are individually, so my assumption is to pursue the higher efficiency of tandem filters. The V shape appears to strike a nice balance of simplicity of construction and efficiency.

I'm the type to use filters until there's a mechanical failure with them. I knock the dirt out of filters routinely and then just place them back into service.

People have been mentioning that I should have new filters to more effectively filter the smoke laden air, but filters at least as effective at removing smaller particulates as they become filled with debris. The concern isn't how clean is the filter media, but how much impedance is there to airflow.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!