View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 02:08 AM   #444 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Some things to think about:

Does your boss like you? This is one of the most important factors. If you boss has a new client and a bunch of part time contractor SLPAs that new client is going to go to the SLPA she likes best. Again, relationships are key especially in your line of work where it is easy for the boss to play favorites.

Do you make life easy or hard for your boss?

1. Do you fill out your reports on time or are they late
2. Do you fill out your time sheets on time or are they late
3. Do you fill out reports how your boss wants them or does she have you reformat or rewrite them? (The boss is always right even when they are wrong)

Are you making your company money or costing them money?

1. Do you keep all your appointments with your clients or do you sometimes miss them or have technical issues that cause you to miss them? (From the numbers above every appointment you miss costs the company $67)

While it would be best to be best friends with your boss it is likely enough to be generally liked by the boss. That means you cause them no problems, do everything right the first time and on time, and never - ever miss deadline or appointment.

That is the person that will get more clients.
Everything you've just said is 100% correct, and exactly the reason I need to be my own boss. I just can't care about things that don't matter, even if they matter to my boss. My understanding of things is superior to most people's understanding, so if they disagree with my understanding, they are simply choosing the inferior option. Finally, my default position to anything marketed to me is to reject it.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!