View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #453 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
You say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
As far as I know my boss likes me. He is always friendly. We don't have other speech therapists up here, so either they get me clients, or it costs the agency money.

I always submit my paperwork on-time. Otherwise I am not paid. My supervisor approves my paperwork. I have never had feedback from the boss, but my supervisor rejects stuff all of the time, even when I did it the way that she always told me to.
And you also say in your computer thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist
Some of my pay may be delayed. I finished my notes, swapped back the SSDs, hit the Novo button, and told it to reload. While I was doing that my supervisor messaged me that she "had to" reject paperwork.

I did everything the way that she has wanted for a couple of years now, but suddenly she has a problem with me referring to data that I gave in the section immediately above without giving at least sixteen points of data all over again--but only on a fraction of my paperwork. I did the exact same thing on the rest and she approved it without a problem.

Windows did not finish reinstalling until almost midnight. As soon as it did I installed Vivaldi, logged into my account, changed my notes, resubmitted, and notified her, but it was already after midnight.

So we will see if she approves it or I need to wait two weeks for that pay.
I'm guessing the deadline was midnight and 00:01 am was late. Even if you got it in at 23:59 just skating in under the deadline isn't good. The sooner you submit your paperwork the more time your supervisor has to do her paperwork.

Missing a deadline at work is like missing a payment for your credit report. It only takes one time to have a big impact on your credit report. Managers don't remember all the time you got stuff done on time and correctly - they remember the times you were late or had to fix something.

Again, your relationship with your supervisor is key to your success at the agency. You should be thinking about how you can make life easier for her and doing nothing that makes it harder.