View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #456 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My mullet is my weakness!

My supervisor got an early start on rejecting my notes!

Usually she doesn't start looking at them until Friday night, but today she rejected one while I did my first in-person session in four months [although I have done dozens with my brother].

That is a fun-loving client! She took me by the hand, walked me back to the play room, and then immediately grabbed my glasses, mask, and hair.

In the first part of the notes we report how cooperative the client was. I noted that another client was "Mostly cooperative" and my supervisor rejected it saying that I was being subjective. I needed to be objective and just say that he was cooperative.

He wasn't fully cooperative! That is why I put "Mostly" in there! You could argue that "Mostly" is subjective. What percentage is mostly anyway? Well, what percentage is moderately, partially, or somewhat?

I asked "How do you report how cooperative a client was?" in a Facebook group for speech therapists and some SLPA wrote two paragraphs about how she refused to write that, but she did say something useful.

For each activity we report how much prompting they required, which is usually maximum, moderate-maximum, minimal-to-moderate, minimal, and independently.

I changed "JSH was mostly coooperative" to "JSH required minimal-to-moderate prompting throughout the session.

Since I only had one client today I finished my notes just after 1600. When I have Friday clients the first one may be at that time and I may not finish until 1900 - 2000.

Then I may be an hour from home.

Last year I had six Friday clients scheduled back-to-back, but my record was ten appointments on a Friday. I had a different supervisor and she complained about needing to approve hundreds of notes every Friday night.

I only submitted my notes from that day, so the two other SLPAs submitted 195?

They averaged ≈ 50 clients a week?

How?!

Hour-long sessions, commuting time, and most SLPAs complain about a lack of work.

I think that supervisor was a liar.

I need to order my brother's pizza, but we are told to submit our notes by 1700--you know, while most of us are still out and seeing clients. My supervisor tells me to have them in by midnight, but when we got close to 0000 one time she told me "As long as they are in by 09 you get paid."